Experience and enjoy an exceptional holiday
For skiers, snowboarders, freeriders, freestylers, tourers, winter hikers, cross-country skiers, biathletes… Young or old, every sportsperson’s heart beats faster here in Arena Franz Ferdinand Nassfeld!
- Direct acces to the ski slope
- Sale of ski tickets
- Ski school
- Storage room from skiis
- Ski shop „Solle“ for renting ski equipment and booking a ski school at the hotel
- Illuminated ski track (2.2km) – open every Saturday from 18:30 – 21:00h
SKIING: BY DAY AND BY NIGHT
To put it in numbers: 30 lifts and 110 perfectly prepared kilometres of pistes right outside your bedroom door.
The wide, snow-covered Alpine meadows, the rugged summits and the view of the Carnic Alps and Gailtal Alps are the perfect starting point for sublime ski touring in the Nassfeld. Professional Alpine guides will show you the mountains and natural beauty of the region. And they’ll share one or two insider’s tips for the best lodges on the Italian side of the Arena Franz Ferdinand Nassfeld hotel.
- An 80-kilometer long trail that crosses Austria and neighboring Italy, past one or two gourmet ski lodges with Italian specialties
- 55 kilometers of hiking trails
- 5 sledding trails lit by reflectors
- Sleigh ride drawn by horses or huskies
BOARD THAT MEAN THE WORLD
The spectacular Nassfeld Snowpark by the Gartnerkofel-Watschiger Alpine meadow is the place where boarders meet.
In snowboard-speak: there you’ll find kicker lines, public lines and beginner lines equipped with boxes, rails or wall ride XL. Particularly popular: the chill stations with Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Snowpark Nassfeld information desk at the foothill of the Gartnerkofel – free Snowboard and Freeski workshops – no registration required: 11:00h
- Pro-line (6m)
- Down-pipe (9m)
- Down Donkey
EXPERIENCE ACTIVE BERGNESS
Holiday among lakes and mountains. Whether you’re a biker, hiker, climber, golfer or a general fan of the outdoors, one thing is clear: if you’re active and sporty, you’ll certainly get your money’s worth in Arena Franz Ferdinand Nassfeld.
Out into nature, into the forest, onto the mountains. Feel like yourself again. Breathe the fresh air. Open your eyes. Be active. Experience nature as a playground. Enjoy the scents and flavours of the Gailtal Valley. Now that’s what we call living.
- 1000 km of hiking trails
- Thematic trails, themed walks, geostasis, long hiking trails, climbs to peaks, excursions, tours to neighboring Italy
- Aqua Trail „Bergwasser“ – a 1.5 km long trail suitable for baby strollers
- During the journey, children learn about the element of water through play, build a dam or inspect a real sailboat
- Dolce Vita – in the extension of the „Aqua Trail“ – a plesant tour of Italy of 2,1 km
Experience nature on two wheels
Adventure cycling starts directly from your room through ramps to the hotel exit.
- You´re alllowed to take your bike into your room
- Personal Sport space in the hall of your room for all sports and cycling equipment
- Possibility to rent all types of bikes, trekking bikes, mountain bikes, children´s bikes, e-bikes, racing bikes, full suspension Freeride bikes, mountain enduro bikes, segways
- 730 kilometers of bycicle paths
- easy tours that are suitable for children to the 11-7 km MTB downhill track
- Nassfeld Single Trails - well marked routes (use bike transport in summer cable cars)
- Guided MTB and E-BIKE Tour – Our partner Solle Sport offers a whole portfolio of riding technique and single trail courses fo young and old (https://soelle.at/en/bike)
- Interactive guides – in the tour guide you´ll find all MTB trails including GPS data, photos and detailed information (https://regioplus.outdooractive.com/en/)
RIDE THROUGH THE GAILTAL VALLEY
It would be hard to find a better starting point for motorbike tours: from here you can easily explore three countries – Austria, Italy and Slovenia.
- The most popular cycling region that stretches through Austria, Italy and Slovenia
- Gailtail, Lesachtal, Gitschtal, Weissensee, Pressegger See, Carn and Galitaske Alps
- Service workshop for minor maintenance work
- Personal sportspace, an anteroom where you can conveniently store your protective clothing, leather jackets, helmets and luggage bags
Adventure in the Alps
Hiking is in. Strolling casually through a mountain idyll is cool, and climbing is getting trendier by the day. To start with head to our in-house bouldering wall. Then have a go on our climbing wall before going out to try the real thing in the mountains.
- Labyrinth of rocks (forest +rock towers + line of ropes for descent)
- Daumling (secured climb for climbing with level of difficulty B/C 500m)
- Flying fox (safety line) – Children aged 5 to 16 require to be accompanied by an adult. The yellow children´s parcours require a minimum body height of 100 cm and at least 5 years. Group of 10 or more people require a reservation. Working hours; 7 June – 30 June September: Mon – Sun 11:00 – 16:00h (last entrance 14:00h); 1 July – 10 September: Mon – Sun 09:00 – 18:00h (last entrance 16:00h); 11 September – 25 September: Mon – Sun 11:00 – 16:00h (last entrance 14:00h); 26 September – October: on request / * In case of intense rain or thunderstorms, we reserve the right to close the rock labyrinth for your own safety.
Requirement: 6 years & 100 cm
- Dwarf area (first climbing experience)
- Magic forest (1.5 m)
- Adventure area
- Green Fox (8m)
Requirement: 10 years & 140 cm
- Sky-Fly (16m)
- The Canyon
- Via Ferrata Blue
- Vie Ferrata Red (35m)
Requirement: 16 years & 140 cm
- Rock Fox
- Flying Fox Mile
- High Rope Course
Mountain cart (the low centre of gravity and wide wheelbase give you an exceptional downhill experience. Tobogganing in winter has always been a popular sport and is becoming increasingly popular. The special construction of the Mountain Cart allows you to experience the pleasure of tobbogganing at any time of year)
FAMILY FUN ON THE MOUNTAIN AND IN THE LAKE
Outdoor park Nassfeld on the Tressdorfer Alm serves as a starting point for numerous activities:
- 3D archery park (hunting trails with more than 12 different animal dolls that embody the animal world of Europe. It can be reached quickly and comfortably with the Millenium Express, or you can drive by car to the Nassfeld pass sumit and then walk approx.25min. Only the group of 10 or more people require the reservation.
***Working hours: 1. July – 10. September: Mon – Sun 09:00 – 18:00h (last entrance 15:30h); 11. September – 25. September: Mon – Sun 11:00 – 16:00h (last entrance 14:00h); 26. September – October on request for groups )***
- Rivertubing on the Gail - equipped with a neoprene suit, lifejacket and helmet. Children from 8 – 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Children up to 12 years old must be accomapanied by a parent (1 to 1). Maximum body weight 105kg.
***Working hours: June (only on request; depending in th water level); July-August (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun); September (only on request; depending on the water level)***
- Pendolino (adventure for small and „big“ children – ride on the longest summer toboggan run in Carinthia)
- Lake Pressegger See (the lake with the temperature f up to 28°c is on of te warmest drinking water quality lakes in Austria)
- A beach volleyball court or a game on the themed playground „In the realm of the sea witch“
- Geopark Karnische Alpen
- A journey through the country's history
- 70 locations in the Gail Valley and Lesachtal, passing thundering waterfalls and ancient gorges in search of petrified fossils
- Theme playgrounds
- Solving puzzles for young and old, in the footsteps of smugglers with Fox and Foxy „In the realm of the wild gang“. On the „Almrausch“ mountain playground, the good „Almrausch“ and the children set off in the search of the magical Wulfenia flower. There are many tests to pass, from the Mini Flying Fox to the pile dwelling. „In the realm of the sea witch“ on Lake Pressegger See there is an exciting area to explore on an area of 2400m2.
HOME AWAY FROM HOME
Entertainment and relaxation inside the hotel
Adventure Climbing Wall
- The height of the climbing wall is 16 meters, the highest ever built in a hotel in Austria.
The world of saunas
- Disco sauna with sounds of the ’70s and ’80s
- Winterwonderland for relaxation and daydreaming in a beautiful winter landscape
- You can pick up bathrobes at the reception
- Working hours: Summer – on request, Winter – daily from 15:00 to 21:00h. In case of bad weather, we open the sauna from 11:00h.
Solle sport shop:
- Directly connected to the hotel
- Hotel guests enjoy a special advantage: up to 7 days before arrival, a discount of up to 15% is granted
Billiard and darts – using coins
- 140m2 indoor playground with climbing frames, slides, numerous building blocks and a children's go-cart track.
Small shop "Tante Emma Laden"
- a shop selling groceries and many small, useful items for everyday use. We offer high quality Saint Charles Apothecary brand organic shower gels, shampoos and creams, handmade Hansen soaps, delicious regional brandies, handmade Craigher chocolates and our retro postcards. The most popular are our small gift sets for loved ones at home, with Bergwild brand mountain salt, forest honey, pine and the soothing scent of Saint Charles Apothecary. Ideal to take before traveling home.
ARENA FRANZ FERDINAND NASSFELD
Address Tröpolach 152a, 9631 Jenig - Tröpolach
GPS N: 46° 33' 38.907", E: 13° 16' 28.229"Get direction View on map
- Lowest rate guaranteed
- No hidden booking fees
- No cancellation fees
- Secure online payment
- Exclusive Internet deals
- Tailor-made holidays
- More than 40 years of experience
- 24/7 service
- Customer satisfaction guaranteed
Best Online Rate Guaranteed
Best Online Rate Guaranteed
On arenahotels.com, you will get the best rate online - we guarantee it. When you book your reservation on arenahotels.com, you can be confident you've received the best rate for your next visit. Some travel sites charge an additional fee to book online. When you book directly with us at arenahotels.com, you'll never pay a booking fee!
If you find a rate on another website that is lower than the best rate on arenahotels.com - and the rate is for the same date(s), same room type, same number of guests, at the same hotel and same rate terms or restrictions - let us know and we will honor the lower rate and discount that rate by 5%.
Arena Hotels "Best Online Rate Guarantee" applies only to online rates available to the general public. Group rates, corporate rates, wholesale rates, affinity/association rates which are part of a travel package do not qualify.
Customer Service will verify the rate meets all of the Best Online Rate Guarantee terms and conditions. Once confirmed you will receive the lower rate and 5% discount. Email us at [email protected]
Secure Booking & Payment
Secure Booking & Payment
For each reservation through arenahotels.com, we guarantee the best online rate. No payment needed at time of booking. Your card is needed to guarantee your booking as you'll pay during your stay. For some special offers advance payment might be needed – for more info check the sales policy of the selected rate plan.
Why Arena Hotels?
Why Arena Hotels?
- lowest rate guaranteed
- no hidden booking fees
- no cancellation fees
- secure online payment
- exclusive internet deals
- tailor-made holidays
- more than 40 years of experience
- 24/7 service
- customer satisfaction guaranteed